Based on the original Fairchild 670, the Analogue Tube AT-101 is a faithful recreation of its predecessor using modern grade components which add stability and ease of use while promoting the same luxurious sound of the Fairchild.
The AT-101 is a brilliant rendition of the original Fiarchild 670 stereo limiter. The units are hand-assembled using professional grade modern components such as the new generation 6386 tubes.
Similarly to the original Farichild, the AT-101 produces a smooth sound which brings out detail in a track while also adding warmth, depth, dimension and clarity. On the mix bus, the AT-101 glues the stereo image together infusing a 'finished' quality to a production.
Amongst its many users, Cenzo Townshend (U2, Florence + the Machine, Sundara Karma) uses his AT-101 on most of his mixes.
- Original 1db per step ‘T’ Attenuators (21 step total)
- Original complement of tubes
- Fully transformer balanced audio path
- Newly developed 6386 Triode tubes
- Visual temperature indication
- 5 &12 Watt Non-Inductive Wire-Wound resistors throughout Audio Path
- Original Non-Inductive Pots throughout
- Original Anode supply
- Original CVT heater supply
- Hovland Musicap Polypropylene film capacitors throughout
- Silver Mica capacitors
- All Teflon ‘Point to Point’ wiring throughout
- Ceramic Tube sockets throughout
- Stereo Link switch fitted
- Over temperature electronics
- Simpson Electric metering
- Top and bottom panel torque hinges
- Original front panel
- New Chassis Design
- Large Knobs
- XLR Chassis mounting connectors
- Specially made Sowter audio transformers throughout
The Gear Rack