The Foote Control Systems P3S ME is a a multi-purpose compressor useful in a number of situations that include mixing, mastering and sub-mix bus applications.
The P3S boasts a smooth sound and predictable control for easy, quick setup. The audio path of the P3S was meticulously crafted using the finest available analog components .
While the audio path is a very clean, low distortion design, the P3S is capable of a wide range of sonic manipulation from crystal clear low ratio compression that preserves the nuances of musical performance, to extreme overcompression. The P3S is capable of over 50dB of gain reduction, while remaining musical sounding.
The P3S is equipped with a powerful new feature, the ability to freely mix compressor time constants to create unusual compression types such as RMS + AR, AR + NL or any other combination using the 4 time constant pushbuttons.
Like any sophisticated piece of audio equipment, the P3S takes a little bit of time for users to familiarize themselves with it's capabilities and myriad ways to treat audio signals.
- Pristine, all analog audio path
- Fully balanced audio I/O on gold plated Neutrik XLR connectors
- Switchable Cinemag output transformers
- High quality Mil Spec potentiometers
- Gold plated switch contacts
- RMS Mode that uses the human ear's responses as a compression model
- A/R Mode that allows the user to custom tailor attack and release times
- N/L mode that automatically adjusts time constants using program material content
- A high pass filter at 100 Hz before the detector to limit how much low frequencies contribute to overall compression shape
- Threshold range from -50dB to +15dB
- Ratio continuously variable from 1:1 through 12:1
- Makeup gain range from -20dB to +20dB
- Fast LED metering to display the gain reduction of the compressor.
- Maximum ouput level of +27dBu
- Phantom power protected output structure.
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms balanced, 10K Ohms unbalanced
- Output impedance: 50 Ohm
- Output automatically configures itself for balanced or unbalanced loads.
The Gear Rack