The JLM Audio LA500 is a single channel compressor built for the API-style lunchbox rack. While the LA500 is inspired by the classic LA-2A and LA-3A compressors, the unit offers improved signal to noise ratio and additional control features including new side-chain filtering options and compression ratios.
The JLM Audio LA500 compressor is a full ground up redesign of the LA3A/LA2A type compressor with several extra features. We have kept all the audio oddities of the side chain to keep the compression signature and extreme compression depth but added extra ratio of 5:1 to 10:1 and side chain HPF switching FLAT, 100Hz & 200Hz so the low end can be fully compressed or removed from the side chain to let the low end breath and make it easy to balance the compressed sound.
The audio path has been fully redesigned for better signal to noise and headroom while still having a clarity and warmth so that it is at home tracking anything or paired on stereo buss duty. The LA500 is made so even at extreme settings is it hard to make the comp sound anything but fantastic.
- 51X and 500 compatible with 51X pins cut off. LA500 fits all 500 and 51X racks and lunchboxes.
- Large 34mm white LED backlight GR/VU meter.
- Hard relay bypass when comp power off or switched to LA OFF.
- Meter switchable Gain Reduction / LA OFF (meter led off) / VU by toggle switch
- Electronic balanced input to handle extreme input levels without distortion.
- Large 32mm chicken head input level control for easy setting of compression level.
- Large 32mm Makeup level pot with 0 to 20dB of gain.
- Ratio switchable 3:1, 5:1 & 10:1 by toggle switch
- SideChain High Pass Filter switchable FLAT, 100Hz, 200Hz.
- Huge output transformer (same size as Neve LO1166).
- Internal jumper for output ground lift.
- Double sided Gold plated rear edge connector.
- 3mm black anodised laser cut, vertical linished with white lasered on text for long lasting zero wear finish.
- Mix buss output on pin 11 for Radial Workhorse rack
The Gear Rack