The W 495 STB equalizer is a two channel unit in one danner A1 size cassette. Each channel consists of a low and a high frequency filter, a boost-cut filter with switchable bandwidth and an amplifier all combined into a single active unit.
The W495 STB features 3 cutoff frequencies for high and low frequency equalization, while for boost-cut equalization 11 center frequencies may be selected. The controls are coupled to adjust both channels simultaneously. However it is possible to switch each channel independently with a push button to a flat frequency response. This enables the user to affect only one of the two channels. The equalizer (device) is also available in a single channel version with the designation W 495 B.
There must be a reason why the Neumann W495stb is one of the most sought after danner cassettes. It isn't as flexible as the Filtek MK3 with its 3 fully parametric bands and the additional hp- and lp- filters, but when it comes to sound, the W495 beats them all. The 10k on the hi band adds sweet and silky heights while the low band adds bottom without sounding muddy. Perfect as a bus eq or mastering eq.
- 5-band EQ with independent bypass switch for each side.
- HF Filter: Shelving ±15dB | 7kHz | 10kHz | 14kHz
- MF Filter: Parametric | 3 selectable Q´s| ±10dB | 175Hz | 250Hz | 350Hz | 500Hz | 700Hz | 1.0kHz | 1.4kHz | 2.0kHz | 2.8kHz | 4.0kHz | 5.6kHz
- LF Filter: Shelving ±15dB | 40Hz | 60Hz | 100Hz
- Low distortion & noise floor
- Operating voltage = 24 V DC | max. current 140mA
The Gear Rack