The Aguilar DB 728 is a high-end valve-based Bass amplifier boasting 400W of power, eight 6550 vacuum tubes and a specially designed toroidal output transformer. This amp exhibits a pristine tone even at high levels, which makes it ideal for both touring and recording musicians.
8 - 6550 vacuum tubes are at the heart of this amp. Ultrawide frequency response is accomplished through the use of a specially designed toroidal output transformer. It's built for the road and has a reputation for extreme reliability. Features include 2 sets of speaker outputs in both banana plug and 1/4" configurations and a preamp thru for hooking up multiple power amps. The DB 728 has a "soft start" for the regulated screen voltage, a feature found only on the best audiophile amps. 2 large whisper-quiet fans keep the amp cool and have high and low speeds for nearly silent operation.
At present, the Aguilar DB 728 can be used for re-amping via Aguilar GS 212 or GS 210 cabinets.
- Power output: 400W RMS. Into 2, 4, or 8 ohms
- Transformers: Custom-designed toroidal output transformer for ultrawide bandwidth Power transformer is also toroidal
- Outputs: Speakon connectors and 2 - 1/4" outputs
- Inputs: One 1/4" unbalanced input and one input thru for patching a preamp signal thru to an additional power amp
- Output Impedance Selector: A 3-position switch provides switching for 2, 4, and 8 ohms
- Calibration: 2 bias trim pots, plus a driver balance trim pot, provide for perfect calibration of the unit
- Cooling: 2 whisper-quiet fans regulate the operating temperature of the amp
- Weight: 57 lbs.
- Chassis: High-quality aluminum construction provides sturdiness without excessive weight
The Gear Rack