Yamaha's dedication to quality, professional workstations is evident in the Yamaha MOTIF Workstation Keyboard range. The MOTIF XF8 features 88 keys and a host of improvements for enhanced performance on stage and in the recording studio. Yamaha's own AWM2 Expanded Articulation synthesis engine delivers 1664 voices and 97 drum kits, featuring authentic piano, keyboard, synth, orchestral, wind, string and drum sounds for all styles of music production.
The MOTIF's 16-track sampling sequencer delivers a flexible feature set for speedy recording whenever inspiration strikes. Up to 128MB of sampling RAM is included and direct-to-USB recording lets you bounce tracks to a computer as a WAV file. All this in a keyboard with an arsenal of effects, editing, digital mixing, flash wave memory expandability, intuitive display and more.
Play and Perform
- The 741MB of internal Wave ROM includes incredibly realistic pianos and acoustic instruments, vintage synths and the hip hop sounds all of today's top producers are using.
- The popular FSX (MOTIF XF6/7) and BH (MOTIF XF8) keyboards let you express your passion for playing.
- A sophisticated 8 element synth architecture with XSpanded articulation and 18 different filter types let you shape your sound anyway you want and the 8 front panel knobs and sliders make it easy to do even in real time.
- 1664 Voices and 97 Drum Kits put more sounds at your fingertips than ever before.
- A Category Search function to make the sounds you need easy to find.
Create and Produce
- 512 Performances combine 4 Voices and 4 Intelligent Arpeggios so you can instantly create backing tracks with Yamaha's intuitive Direct Performance Recording feature.
- A 16 track Integrated Sampling Sequencer and the built-in 128 MB of sample RAM let you:
• Load new sample libraries
• Add Vocals and Guitars to your MOTIF Sequences
• Slice Audio Loops to playback at any tempo
• Use Real Time Loop Remix to create new grooves
• Easily Move back and forth between the loop based Pattern Mode and tape machine style Song Mode
- An integrated Yamaha Digital Mixer includes 3 band EQs for each part, 8 Dual Insertion effects, 2 System Effects and overall Master effect and Master EQ, let's you create finalized mixes of your songs.
- Direct to USB recording& playback lets you record your final mixes as CD quality .wav files to any connected USB memory device or play .wav files created on your computer back on the XF.
Customize and Make It Your Own
- Up to 2GB of optional Flash Wave memory - Two slots accommodate proprietary Yamaha flash board options- a 512MB flash board and a 1 GB flash board. Because this is Flash Memory, once you've loaded a sound once, it's always in your MOTIF when you turn it on.
- 128MB of on board volatile sample RAM for user sampling, loading and auditioning sample libraries or adding vocals and real instruments to your MOTIF XF sequences with the Integrated Sampling Sequencer.
- An improved User Interface with many user requested features like Tap Tempo, Drum Editing in Mix Mode, and Auto Mapping of samples (available for MOTIF XS in a future OS update) plus a new customizable UI for selecting your choice of color and positioning of key displays.
Connect and Expand with New Possibilities
- Computer connectivity (via USB, Ethernet and the FW16E FireWire option) and DAW integration features like 8 zone Master mode, DAW remote control and cross platform editors let you seamless integrate the MOTIF with any DAW software including the bundled Cubase AI software.
- A global community of MOTIF experts, sound programmers and software application developers let you access discussion forums, voice libraries, MOTIF specific application software, tutorial videos and in depth application guides at www.MOTIFATOR.com.
- New large format (512MB -1GB) voice libraries from Garritan, Sonic Reality, Easy Sounds and more plus new MOTIF specific software tools including waveform editors, sample format converters and arp managers.
Based on Motif XF8:
Balanced Hammer Effect Keyboard
|Multitimbral||16 Parts (internal), Audio Input Parts (A/D, FW) 1 stereo Part|
|Synthesis Method||AWM2, with Expanded Articulation|
|Presets||Preset: 1,024 Normal Voices + 64 Drum
Kits GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit
User: 128 x 4 (Bank 1: original, Bank 2 - 4: selected and copied from Preset bank) + 32 Drum Kits (No. 1 - 8: original, No. 9 - 32: selected and copied from Preset bank)
|Sequencer||Note Resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
Patterns: 64 Patterns (x 16 sections), Measures: 256 maximum Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Pattern and up to 256 Voices for all Patterns Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
Sequence Formats: Original format, SMF format 0, 1 (Format 1 load only)
Note Capacity: Approx. 130,000 notes
Maximum Polyphony: 124 Notes
Song Recording: Real time replace Real time overdub (with the exception of the Pattern Chain) Real time punch in/out (Song only)
Tempo (BPM): 5 - 300
Song tracks Pattern: 16 Phrase tracks Pattern Chain: Pattern track, Tempo track, Scene track Song: 16 sequence tracks (Loop on/off can be set for each track), Tempo track, Scene track
Songs: 64 Songs Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song and up to 256 Voices for all Songs Mixing Templates: 32 for all Songs and Patterns
User Phrases: 256 per Pattern
Arpeggio Preset: 7,881 types User: 256 types *MIDI Sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, Velocity Limit, and Note Limit can be set.
Scene Memory: 5 per Song
|Effects||Reverb x 9 types, Chorus x 22 types, Insertion (A, B) x 53 types x 8 Parts (up to 16 units), Vocoder x 1 (uses both Insertion Effect A and B blocks), Master Effect x 9 types (Preset settings for parameters of each effect type are provided as templates; total 320) Master EQ (5 bands), Part EQ (3 bands, stereo)|
|Controllers||Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Ribbon Controller, Assignable Control Sliders x 8, Assignable Knobs x 8, Assignable Function buttons x 2, Data dial|
|Sample RAM||128MB Internal
Samples Up to 128 Waveforms (Multi Samples)
Up to 256 Key Banks per Waveform
Up to 512 Key Banks
Sample Format Original format, WAV, AIFF
|Inputs/Outputs||OUTPUT L/MONO, R (standard phone jack)
ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT L, R (standard phone jack) A/D INPUT L, R (standard phone jack)
DIGITAL OUT PHONES (standard stereo phone jack)
FOOT CONTROLLER 1, 2
FOOT SWITCH x 2 (SUSTAIN, ASSIGNABLE)
MIDI IN/OUT/THRU USB (TO HOST, TO DEVICE)
AC IN ETHERNET (100BASE-TX) IEEE1394 (available when the FW16E has been installed)
|Display||320 x 240 dot, 5.7 inch graphic color backlit LCD|
|Dimensions||56-5/8 x 6-5/8 x 18-3/8" (1439 x 168 x 466mm)|
The Gear Rack