Musician, Producer / Engineer, Studio New York, United States
Mark "Abishai" Brooks is a composer/songwriter, arranger, bassist, producer, and audio engineer. Professor Brooks has studied Jazz Performance at Long Island University (Brooklyn Campus) but has also studied bass with Calvin Hill, Percy Jones (Band-X), Jerry Jermott, Greg Maker, and Angus Thomas. He has studied performance with Benny Powell, Bob Mintzer and Eddie Henderson. At the Brooklyn College Music Conservatory, Professor Brooks studied composition with Tania Leon, Jason Eckardt and Ben Bierman and audio engineering with George Brunner.
Professor Brooks has been in the music industry for over 35 years now and has performed and recorded with numerous artists. Professor Brooks is currently the director of the Music Recording Technology program at LaGuardia Community College and is the head engineer for Buss Recording Studio in Bronx, New York.
- Kush Audio UBK Clariphonic - Stereo EQ / Harmonic Clarifier
- ART Pro VLA / VLA II - Stereo Compressors
- dbx Professional Audio 160A - Mono Compressor
- dbx Professional Audio 560A - Mono VCA Compressor / Limiter
- dbx Professional Audio 520 - De-Esser
- Great River / Harrison 32EQ - Mono EQ
- Solid State Logic / SSL G Series Mix - Stereo Compressor
- Teletronix / Universal Audio LA-2A - Classic Mono Tube Compressor
- Toft Audio Designs ATB 32 - Console
- Universal Audio 2-610 - Tube Microphone Preamp
- Lexicon LXP 15 - Multi-Effects Processor
Services: Mixing, Editing, Arranging, Producer, Studio
MixingWe mix both live and Virtual instruments. We use a combination of analog processing with plugins. All signals are routed out of MOTU 24 I/O into a Toft ATB 24 analog console for true unrestricted sound.
EditingAs an objective listener, I can identify tracks that need to be enhanced, shortened, lengthened, or even cut to benefit the overall song.
ArrangingAs a studied musician in composition, I can add more texture to one song giving it a unique flavor.
There are no reviews here yet!